Global World History Headline Animator

Monday, March 10, 2008

What You Talking About Hillary?


It appears as though Hillary Clinton is trying to leave the door open for Barack Obama to be her Vice President. Perhaps she has not checked the polls at all over the last 3 or so months because it is indeed Obama who leads in both pledged delegates and the popular vote. Obama made it clear he didn't run for President to give up while in the lead saying ""With all due respect. I won twice as many states as Sen. Clinton. I've won more of the popular vote than Sen. Clinton. I have more delegates than Sen. Clinton. So, I don't know how somebody who's in second place is offering vice presidency to the person who's in first place." I would have to say it would be a better strategy for Clinton to instead focus on actually winning the nomination before she starts making VP assumptions. In fact, Clinton's statement was so hilarious that I found myself laughing right after hearing it. However, I am willing to bet that somewhere out there a certain Senator from Illinois found himself laughing just a bit harder. With the way things are looking right now, it may be a good idea for her to stay on Obama's good side as well. Realistically, what kind of answer did she expect to receive from Obama? I like both Democratic candidates but it appears to me Clinton didn't really think this one through. Both candidates are in it to win it and any outcome less than the Presidency is a disappointment. Granted, if either Obama or Clinton become VP, they will have a strong chance of winning the Democratic nomination in 8 years. While an Obama/Clinton or Clinton/Obama ticket is viewed as a dream ticket by many Democrats, as this struggle drags out, it appears less and less likely. By the time we reach the Democratic Convention over the summer, these two are going to be so sick of one another, they are both going to be hostile towards the idea of potentially spending the next 8 years together.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I appreciate the even-handedness of your comments. Even though a couple of my posts on www.plaintiffblues.blogspot.com seem to be anti-Bush, I'm pretty moderate on most issues. Check out my comments about Hillary Hating and Obama Bashing on Feb 15. Keep the good stuff coming.