Global World History Headline Animator

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Obama and Bush: The Odd Couple


I discovered something I thought was definitely blog-worthy today. As it turns out, some researcher with a lot of time on his hands conducted a little genealogy of each of the three main Presidential candidates. Believe it or not, Senator Barack Obama is related to his old pal, good ole' George W. Bush. Now once I overcame the laughter inside of me, I thought to myself "this is too funny". The two are not closely related, but nonetheless Obama finds his tenth cousin on the opposite side of the political arena. Perhaps if elected, Obama will have the opportunity to fix all the mistakes his dear cousin has left for him. Senator Hilary Clinton has been tied to Angelina Jolie (Obama is related to Brad Pitt, I know it's too funny), Celine Dion, Madonna and Alanis Morissette and Jack Kerouac. Obama is also related to George H.W. Bush, Gerald Ford, Lyndon B. Johnson, Harry Truman, James Madison, Winston Churchill, Confederate General Robert E. Lee and Dick Cheney. So technically not only is Obama related to George Bush, but he is also related to Dick Cheney. I do see the connection however, the approval rating of George Bush plus the approval rating of Dick Cheney multiplied by 2 does in fact equal the rating of Obama, small world huh? In all seriousness, the link in lineage is so distant that no emphasis should be taken upon it. I just felt that sharing this little tidbit of information would be of interest to you all. You can visit the actual article here: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23797072/

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was pretty interesting/funny. See, it just goes to show you that we can all probably be connected to each other.